120 Hour Combined TESOL Course
Want to find well-paid work overseas? With 120 hours of TESOL study behind you, your TESOL certificate is worth more and you’ll be able to apply for jobs with better schools and demand a higher salary teaching overseas. Our 120 hour course combines all our essential online course elements plus hands-on teaching practice with our 20 Hour Classroom TESOL Course. Check Availability
Looking for a TEFL Course?
TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) and TESOL (teaching English to speakers of other languages) refer to exactly the same thing – teaching English! So if you’re looking for a TEFL course, you’re in the right place – our TESOL courses will qualify you to teach English as a foreign language and are recognised by TEFL employers around the world.
Upgrade Your TESOL Course
The only way to get a more comprehensive TESOL certification than this is to add our 20 Hour Video Practice Course and turn it into a 140 Hour Combined TESOL Course. Upgrade at any time by calling us on 1300 88 42 701300 88 42 70 .
What’s included in the 120 Hour Combined TESOL Course?
What’s Covered in the Classroom TESOL Course?
Over the two days you’ll gain an introduction to all the key areas of teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL). By the end of the weekend, you’ll be able to plan and deliver your first TESOL lesson.
Over the two days you’ll gain an introduction to the key areas of teaching English. By the end of the weekend you’ll be able to plan and deliver your first English lesson and have the confidence to find TESOL jobs overseas. The TESOL certificate that you’ll receive after you complete the course is recognised by schools and language institutes worldwide.
Saturday 9am - 8pm
- Introduction and ice-breakers
- Classroom management
- An introduction to grammar
- A foreign language lesson: see what it's like on the other side
- Elicitation techniques
- Using the blackboard
- Functions: what we do with language
- Level checks: ensuring students get the right training for them
- Practice activities: guiding students in language use
- Free practice activity: letting students communicate
- Teaching practice preparation
- First teaching practice and feedback
- Drama and role play
- Pronunciation and Intonation
- Reading and Listening: teaching comprehension skills
- Grammar: tenses and time
- Error correction: getting the most out of your students
- Final teaching practice preparation
- Final teaching practice and feedback
- Employment in TESOL: career options
What’s Covered on the Grammar Awareness Module?
Let's face it, not many of us are grammar experts! Our 20 hour Grammar Awareness Module re-introduces you to the fundamental structures and concepts that underpin the English language and give you the confidence to confidently teach these concepts to your students.
To the native English speaker grammar is instinctive, but that doesn’t make it any easier to teach! This module is specifically designed to de-mystify the complexities of English grammar, so you can effectively communicate the key principles to your students.
This 20 hour online course re-introduces you to the fundamental structures and concepts that underpin the English language and will effectively prepare you to teach them to your students.
Module 1: The Nuts and Bolts of English (5 hours)
Start your grammar training with a look at grammar terminology, word classes and parts of speech.
Module 2: English Tense Forms (5 hours)
Learn how verbs are used to form tenses in the past, present and future. By the end of this module, you’ll know the difference between the continuous, perfect and conditional forms!
Module 3: English Tense Functions (5 hours)
In this module you’ll learn the different tenses time references can refer to and how the same tense can serve various functions.
Module 4: Vocabulary and Phonology (5 hours)
In the final module you’ll concentrate on words. You’ll learn about how they sound, how they are pronounced, how they are spelled and how you can categorise them.
What’s Covered in the 60 Hour Online TESOL Course?
Our 60 Hour Online TESOL Course includes 13 interactive modules that start with the very basics of teaching English, all the way through to developing your own lesson plans.
Most people manage to complete the course in around 60 hours, however with three months to complete the course, you can take your time and study at your own pace.
Module 1: Student Motivation, Teacher Roles and TESOL Methods
Module 2: Classroom Management and Student Levels
Module 3: An Introduction to English Grammar
Module 4: How to Teach Grammar
Module 5: How to Teach Vocabulary
Module 6: How to Teach Pronunciation
Module 7: Mistake Correction and Feedback
Module 8: How to Teach Speaking and Writing
Module 9: How to Teach Listening and Reading
Module 10: Lesson Planning
Module 11: Games and Activities
Module 12: Cultural Awareness in the Classroom
Module 13: Finding Work
20 Hour Specialist TESOL Certificates
Get marketable and practical skills with our specialist modules, so you can boost your earnings and better meet the needs of students and language schools around the world.
- Teaching with Limited Resources (10 hours) Finding materials to teach in developing countries can be challenging. This module helps you offer effective English lessons with only basic resources.
- Teaching English to Young Learners (10 hours) Teaching young children between the ages of six and 12 is especially rewarding. This module provides you with essential skills to keep kids motivated, having fun, and coming back for second helpings of English.
- Teaching Large Classes (10 hours) Classes in some parts of the world, such as Asia, can be as large as 30 to 100 students. This pragmatic course will give you the skills you need to step into your first large class.
- Teaching English One-to-One (10 hours) One of the best ways to grow your English teaching income is with private lessons. Discover how to tailor your lessons to best meet your individual students' needs.
- Teaching Business English (10 hours) Many learners throughout the world need to hone their English for specific business situations. This module will help you develop students’ communication skills for business and other specific settings, as well as provide you with the tools to enter this extremely lucrative market.
- How to Teach Audio and Video Lessons (10 hours) Engage your students with all the trappings of the 21st century. This module focuses on employing audiovisual materials in order to engage your students and keep your school on the cutting edge.